How to De-Winterize Your RV
Are you ready to start planning for your spring and summer camping trips? A few months ago we showed you how to winterize your RV to get ready for the colder months. Now, we’d like to share our best tips for de-winterizing your RV, so that you can be on the way for your next adventure.
Tips for De-Winterize Your RV
- First, turn the valve for the front water tank off.
- Fill the water tank 1/3 full with fresh water.
- Take the hot water plug and put it into hot water tank. Need a hot water plug? Hot water plugs are available at Louie’s Ace Hardware.
- Use a 16-inch socket to tighten hot water tank. Make sure that you don’t over tighten so that it does not pull the threads of hot water tank. 16 inch sockets are also available in our store.
- Now, you can go inside your RV and fill the water tanks there. Locate the water pump and check the lines to make sure there’s no leaks.
- Turn the water pump on. Once water pump builds pressure it’ll shut off.
- Now, turn on one of taps. Let it run until the pink anti-freeze runs out, and nothing but water comes out.
- Move from the kitchen and drain all of the other water sources in the trailer including the bathroom and bathtub.
- If you have an outdoor shower, go outside to fill its tank. The shower is usually located on the outside of the RV.
- Once you’re done pumping anti-freeze, you can fill the hot water tank with water. First, find the hot water bypass valve and turn it. Let it run continuous until water tank fills with water.
Before you go out for a trip, make sure you check your RV for gaps, cracks, and tears. You’ll want to fix these before the season starts to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience.